As of December, 2009, this blog is inactive at this location. All posts have been transferred to the new location here. You are very welcome to read and comment.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

St Kitts & Nevis


The green of the fertile soil, the red bloodshed of slavery, the black of the ethnic heritage, the golden-yellow sunshine, and the stars of of twin-island nation where I grew up.

I love this:



Here's the national anthem that we sang in assembly almost every day at school.

Perhaps I'll return one day and plant a small Orthodox mission. Who knows? My tan does need a top-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a glorious place: if only Oz was a bit closer. God willing, one day, I can see it in person. Sch beauty...and such large pigs and long-legged cows too! :)

And a wonderful anthem too -- I wish we'd do something about ours.