As of December, 2009, this blog is inactive at this location. All posts have been transferred to the new location here. You are very welcome to read and comment.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Saint Colman Prayer Book


St Colman, pray for us!

With the arrival of my monastic visitor has come my long-awaited copy of The Saint Colman Prayer Book. It has not yet been published as a bound volume but I have a loose-leaf version which is held together in a leatherette, zip-up binder. It is exceptionally good. It has the full round of offices, the Divine Liturgies of St Gregory and Sarum, and the English Liturgy, various Sacramental and other rites, and the ceremonies of Ash Wednesday and Holy Week. I am very pleased that so much work and effort has gone into this, and still is ongoing. Once the customary is complete, we shall have a complete liturgical provision for the Western Rite - after over 100 years of waiting!

Blessed be God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a copy of this book? Has it been published yet? I am in the U.S.A. Thanks.