As of December, 2009, this blog is inactive at this location. All posts have been transferred to the new location here. You are very welcome to read and comment.
Ian and Elizabeth, I really like Felicity. She is sitting on the window sill at the moment, now that the sun has died down a little, to get some daylight.
Mark, I believe there is gin aplenty at your residence. (At least, I hope so). ;-)
Don't be sorry, Richard. Thanks so much for the message.
A happy Pentecost back at you Leetle M, and to all who celebrate the Feast today. The temperature here was certainly in keeping with the fire of the Holy Spirit. We saw 30 degrees today! Thank God for the thunderstorms later on in the day.
Well, at some point you need to allow a little blood back into the alcohol stream...
Anyhow, I didn't realise it was your birthday, so a slightly belated "Happy Birthday" to you, and I hope the year ahead brings much happiness.
I found an old plainsong psalter sitting around in our choir vestry a few weeks ago and had a wonderful half hour singing from it (and quietly drooling). Enjoy your St Dunstans Psalter (I'm feeling ever so slightly envious of you!)
Ian, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report.
I must dash off to work now, but I shall post here about this later today. I cannot be certain, but I believe it is Aristibule's blog that has a wealth of helpful information on the Sarum and other British Catholic rites in the archives of his blog.
I'll post more later, but the ceremonial in the rites of York and Sarum (the latter of which spread to most of the English south, Ireland and Scotland) was to bow at the end of the Creed, during the line "and the life of the world to come" and to offer a profound bow (from the waist) as a reverence to the Most Blessed Sacrament. The genuflexion (or 'dropping to one knee', as Blessed Percy Dearmer described it) was continental.
I am an Orthodox Christian and a Reader in the Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland, serving with the blessing of His Grace Archbishop Mark. I struggle along, much like most people, but I do what I can, by God's grace.
I have a love for the worship of the Orthodox Church - both eastern and western - and long for the day when we have a local Orthodox Church in Britain, giving a single voice and witness of the ancient Faith of these isles to the people of these isles, with their various backgrounds and walks of life.
This weblog is not an official site of the Russian Orthodox Church or any of its parishes or missions. The views expressed herein are solely my own except where otherwise stated, and are not necessarily representative of my diocese or parish. Any mistakes or misrepresentations are due to my own failings, for which I ask your patience and forgiveness.
Greatmartyr Mercurius of Caesarea, in Cappadocia…
-
The Holy Great Martyr Mercurius, a Scythian by descent, served as a soldier
in the Roman army. The impious emperors Decius (249-251) and Valerian
(253-259)...
...and more reasons to love the Monastic Diurnal
-
As is obvious from reading S. Benedict's Holy Rule, the Monastic office was
designed for use by very busy people who were committed to physical work
and re...
Keto Simple
-
Keto Simple:
Over 100 Delicious Low-Carb Meals That Are
Easy on Time, Budget, and Effort
By Martina Slajerova
Published in UK by Fair Winds Press, ...
Temporarily – No Comment
-
God willing, the content of this blog will be migrated to its new site,
starting sometime after midnight (here in East Coast America). I have been
asked to...
IMITATING CHRIST
-
We Must Become the Image of Christ to Others If we are to be true to our
calling as the children of God, we must live in imitation of Christ. We
must imita...
12x36 Latest Karizma Album Template
-
New 12x36 karishma album backgrounds and frames, photos frames Photoshop
back grounds, marriage album frames, karishma album, karizma type
Background, pho...
Western Rite Conference 2019 a Success
-
The ROCOR Western Rite Conference began in the afternoon of Monday, Sept.
30, and lasted through midday on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019.
The Conference was faci...
Being Christian in a Western Democracy
-
BEING CHRISTIAN IN A WESTERN DEMOCRACYFr. Ilya GorskyIn the Name of the
Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.Our first and foremost concern is
our salvat...
Do You Know the Impact You Can Have?
-
Our holy father, the martyr Paramon, was not a Christian; but he was a
well-respected man in the region where he lived. He encountered one day a
group of ...
12 comments:
Happy Birthday! God grant you many years! Have fun with the Psalter!
Thank you! And I shall. Have a happy and holy Pentecost.
Happy Birthday, Michael, and Happy Pentecost!
Leetle M.
Happy Birthday - I knew it was sometime soon, but couldn't remember exactly when. Sorry.
Happy Birthday, and Many Years !
Felicity is really cute :-)
Thank you, everybody!
Ian and Elizabeth, I really like Felicity. She is sitting on the window sill at the moment, now that the sun has died down a little, to get some daylight.
Mark, I believe there is gin aplenty at your residence. (At least, I hope so). ;-)
Don't be sorry, Richard. Thanks so much for the message.
A happy Pentecost back at you Leetle M, and to all who celebrate the Feast today. The temperature here was certainly in keeping with the fire of the Holy Spirit. We saw 30 degrees today! Thank God for the thunderstorms later on in the day.
Michael.
All this gin drinking!
There will soon be more gin in your body than blood. hehe
Well, at some point you need to allow a little blood back into the alcohol stream...
Anyhow, I didn't realise it was your birthday, so a slightly belated "Happy Birthday" to you, and I hope the year ahead brings much happiness.
I found an old plainsong psalter sitting around in our choir vestry a few weeks ago and had a wonderful half hour singing from it (and quietly drooling). Enjoy your St Dunstans Psalter (I'm feeling ever so slightly envious of you!)
kingsfold
Joining in here: all the best today and always.
Thank you all again.
Thanks as well for the carfds and prezzies. Much loved and appreciated. I'll post more soon.
M x
Ian, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report.
I must dash off to work now, but I shall post here about this later today. I cannot be certain, but I believe it is Aristibule's blog that has a wealth of helpful information on the Sarum and other British Catholic rites in the archives of his blog.
I'll post more later, but the ceremonial in the rites of York and Sarum (the latter of which spread to most of the English south, Ireland and Scotland) was to bow at the end of the Creed, during the line "and the life of the world to come" and to offer a profound bow (from the waist) as a reverence to the Most Blessed Sacrament. The genuflexion (or 'dropping to one knee', as Blessed Percy Dearmer described it) was continental.
More to come later.
a belated Mnohya Lita to your birthday.
Joe Zollars
Post a Comment