As of December, 2009, this blog is inactive at this location. All posts have been transferred to the new location here. You are very welcome to read and comment.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Debrett's Correct Form


This is one of those books that I saw and rather fancied over a year ago and intended to buy for myself, but kept forgetting. Each time I remembered, something else came up or I procrastinated. Does anybody else do that: see something you want but then keep forgetting to get it for yourself?

Well, I'm pleased, as the updated edition was published in October and a friend has just bought it for me for Christmass. Apart from being an invaluable tool - just how I have managed thus far without it is beyond me - it will look rather good on my desk beside my dictionaries of various languages, my thesaurus, The Oxford Guide to Style and the publications by the Fowler brothers.

I do enjoy my books. It seems that my godfather knows this all too well as his Christmass present to me was a very generous collection of book tokens. :-)

What fun!

1 comment:

Michael said...

And today it arrived. Yay!